Towergate Underwriting

Unoccupied Home Insurance for Brokers

Unoccupied Home Insurance

Specialist insurance for empty homes from Towergate Underwriting Household

Unoccupied Home Insurance

Quote and Buy

Insurance for unoccupied homes can often be difficult to place. We offer policies for three, six, nine or 12 months cover for unoccupied properties whilst being sold, awaiting occupation or being renovated.

Key Product Features

  • Cover for Buildings and Contents
  • Unoccupied properties awaiting sale or occupation
  • Homes undergoing minor renovations or refurbishment

Cover Provided

  • Contents cover up to £15,000
  • Includes theft, malicious damage and escape of water
  • £250 excess (£1,000 for subsidence, landslip and heave)

Risk Requirements

  • The home must not be in a poor state of repair
  • Boarded up risks are unacceptable
  • All properties must have window locks and mortice deadlocks
  • Major works e.g. extensions, structural repairs, re-roofing, re-wiring can be considered for limited perils only
  • Cosmetic repairs such as redecoration will qualify for full cover

Quote and Buy

Contact Us

Towergate Underwriting Household

Weekdays: 9:00am - 5:30pm